Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nonstop 80s Mix #41 (House Edition)

logo

I really enjoy old-school house music. House music in the '80s and early '90s is much different from what is currently labeled house music today. I grew up listening to Chicago's Hot Mix 5 on WBMX as well as mixshows on other radio stations, jamming to mixes featuring acid house, hip house and similar variants.

I don't consider myself an old-skool house music DJ nor do I have much Chicago/Detroit house music material. But I thought I'd try to put together a mix anyway. This 30-minute DJ mix featuring house and freestyle tracks actually continues from Nonstop 80s Mix #33, and averages 123 bpm. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did putting it together.

Playlist:
1. Mary Jane Girls - In My House (Magic Mix)
2. Fast Eddie - Yo Yo Get Funky (Funky Music)
3. Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body (12" Mix)
4. Trinere - I'll Be All You Ever Need (Vocal Mix)
5. Cynthia - Change On Me (Extended Mix)
6. Inner City - Big Fun (Magic Juan Remix)
7. Mr. Lee - Get Busy (Chicago Mix)
8. Lil Louis - French Kiss (Original Mix)
9. Cajmere - Percolator (12" Long Version)

Listen to a 3-minute sample from this mix:








No comments: